Are you ready to sign-up? If so, here are the basic essentials of what you will need!
- A camera body; FX, DX Micro 4/3rds, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus
- A wide angle lens; this can be a fixed or wide-angle zoom lens. If you have a FULL FRAME camera, that could be a 14-24mm, 16-35mm, 17-35mm, 17mm-40mm. If you own a CROP SENSOR camera, that could be a 10-22mm or a 12-24mm
- A ‘street zoom’; for FULL FRAME camera’s this could be a 24mm-70mm, 24mm-105mm, 24-120mm or a 28mm-300mm. If you own a CROP SENSOR camera, that could be a 18-55mm, 18-105mm, 16mm-300mm, 18-105mm, 18-300mm
- A telephoto zoom; for FULL FRAME camera’s this could be a 70-200mm, 70-300mm, 100-400mm, 200-500mm. IF you own a CROP SENSOR camera, that could be a 55mm-200mm or any of the tele-zooms just mentioned.
- A macro lens OR extension tubes OR the close focusing filter the Canon 500D.
- A circular Polarizing filter; an FLW Magenta filter for sunrises and sunsets and a 3-stop Graduated ND Filter
- A camera bag, (a backpack style OR if you will be attending a city workshop, i.e. San Francisco or Boston, you can use one of those backpacks with rollers for walking down the streets if you prefer
- A portable flash; (consider renting one if you don’t own one).
- A sturdy tripod, preferably Carbon Fiber with a sturdy head
- No less than 100GB of memory cards, a portable storage device, your camera bag and your battery charger (international adaptors for foreign travel)
- A 5 in 1 reflector, remote cable/shutter release, lens cleaning cloth
- Clothing and shoes that make sense for the weather and terrain for your specific workshop and that includes the possible need for a portable umbrella.
Should you have any questions, ANY questions at all, please email Monique directly at email@example.com.