Provence, France 2024
$200.00 – $2,495.00
LANDSCAPE photographers DREAM
July 3-7, 2024
5-DAY WORKSHOP – $2495*
MEET AND GREET ON July 2, 2024 in Gréoux-les-Bains
Valensole Plain, Sault, Lavender & Sunflower Fields, Beautiful Harbors and the Picturesque Horses of the Camargue – this workshop has it all!
Spend five full days in southern France photographing the lavender and sunflower fields atop the rich and fertile Valensole Plain and the region of Sault. We will visit the many quaint villages of Provence, including Banon, Cassis, Roussillon and Gordes.
Provence is a landscape photographer’s paradise. As we head out each morning shortly after sunrise, expect to be greeted by rolling fields of lavender and sunflowers as far as the eye can see. You will not grow tired of the fragrant fields of color and you will be able to check “Lavender Fields in Provence” off your bucket list after this workshop.
As has become tradition in our Provence workshops in the last couple of years, we will spend an afternoon photographing the amazing horses of the Camargue region, one of Europe’s major wetlands. The Camargue region is home to the famous Camargue horses and the French cowboys who herd and care for them. These beautiful white horses are one of the oldest breeds in the world and have lived in these wetlands for thousands of years. Students will have the opportunity to photograph the horses as they run free in their natural habitat of the salt marshes in the Camargue. This photo opportunity is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you do not want to miss. Previously the Camargue Horse photo excursion was an additional “optional” expense but since no students ever opted out, we have just included it in the price of this workshop.
On at least one or two of our evenings, we will shoot the incredible night sky and Milky Way from atop the Valensole Plain. This workshop will allow you to become very familiar with the use of your wide-angle and telephoto lenses and will enable you to practice and grow your compositional vision.
- Workshop fees include all ground transportation in an air-conditioned, oversized van during the workshop, as well as the fees for photographing the horses of the Camargue.
- Please be aware that Gréoux Les Bains has no train service. If you are not renting a car and driving to Gréoux Les Bains, we will arrange to pick you up at the airport in Marseille or the train station in Aix-en-Provence or Marseille on July 2, 2024 and return you to the airport or train station at the completion of the workshop on July 7, 2024. Students will need to provide arrival and departure information to Lisa or Bryan to arrange pick up and drop off.
- Students are responsible for making a reservation and paying for their own accommodations for this workshop. Since July is peak season in Provence, we recommend that you book your room as soon as possible for the best availability options.
- Students will be responsible for arranging and paying for flights to and from the workshop.
- Check the latest guidance for vaccinations required to travel abroad: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html
We will have a Meet and Greet on July 2 at 7 PM in the lobby of the *Recommended Hotel in Greoux Les Bains where we discuss student goals and objectives, and Bryan will provide an overview and rough agenda for the workshop.
Hotel Lou Paradou
Route de Valensole
(+33) 04 92 74 27 70
Since July is peak season in Provence, we again recommend that you book your room as soon as possible for the best availability options.
*You can stay at the hotel or lodging of your choice, but the *Recommended Hotel is where we will gather for the Meet and Greet and where we gather before and after photo shoots throughout this workshop.