Genoa to Cinque Terre to Siena to Florence, Italy 2023
$200.00 – $2,795.00
7-DAY WORKSHOP – $2795
MEET AND GREET ON june 2, 2023 at 7 PM in GENOA
Come soak up the Tuscan sun and soak up the Italian culture with Bryan in the first ever offering of this fantastic workshop!
June 3: We will start this Italian workshop with a full day of shooting in the beautiful city of Genoa, starting in the Piazza de Ferrari. We will photograph the Palazzo della Borsa di Genova, a towering structure its stone architecture and rounded dome, San Lorenzo Cathedral, the Arco della Vittoria, the Bigo and the famous “Umbrella Street”. We will make time for the neighborhood of Boccadesse, also known as “Fisherman’s District” and possibly the most picturesque part of this lovely port city.
June 4-5: On the morning of June 4, we will begin our journey by driving south where we will lodge for two nights in the colorful towns of the Cinque Terre, which translates to “Five Lands” in Italian. These tiny villages were built upon steep cliffs that line the edge of the Ligurian coast and provide dramatic, breathtaking views and spectacular sunsets.
June 6-7: On the morning of June 6, we will continue our journey south, stopping along the way in Pisa and for scenic overlooks and breathtaking views with many beautiful landscape photo opportunities. Once we reach Grosseto we will drive to the northeast, arriving near Siena where we will lodge for two nights in our countryside lodge. On June 7 we will spend time in the historic Siena, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The medieval architecture, extravagant cathedrals and terraced houses make Siena a photographer’s dream location!
June 8-9: On the morning of June 8, we will depart the Siena area and reach our final destination, Florence, where we will lodge for our final two nights of the workshop. Florence is the Cradle of the Renaissance, with terracotta roof tops, hidden courtyards and streets that are alive with historical features and photograph opportunities. We will be shooting both morning, late afternoon and during Blue Hour during our unforgettable stay in Florence. Workshop ends June 9, about 30 minutes after sunset.
We will have a Meet and Greet on June 2, 2023 at 7 PM in the lobby of the *Recommended Hotel B&B Hotel in Genoa where we discuss student goals and objectives, and Bryan will provide an overview and rough agenda for the workshop.
- Workshop fees include all ground transportation during the workshop.
- Students are responsible for making a reservation for their own accommodations for Genoa on June 2 and 3.
- Students are responsible for making a reservation for their own accommodations for Florence on June 8. Don’t forget to make arrangements for accommodations on June 9, as well, if you plan to stay in Florence.
- Transportation to the airport will be provided in the evening on June 9 or the morning of June 10 for students who are returning home or to their next destination.
- We have already booked accommodations for all students for the nights of June 4 and 5 in Cinque Terre and the nights of June 6 and 7 in Siena. Upon check-in at these two lodges, students will present their own credit card and pay for their rooms at that time.
- Students will be responsible for arranging and paying for flights to and from the workshop.
- Check the latest guidance for vaccinations required to travel abroad:
*Recommended Hotel in Genoa:
B&B Hotel Genoa
*Recommended Hotel in Florence:
Hotel La Fortezza
Viale Milton 95-50129
Tel: +39 055 4639101
*You can stay at the hotel or lodging of your choice in both Genoa and Florence, but the *Recommended Hotel in Genoa is where we will gather for the Meet and Greet and before and after photo shoots during those workshop days in Genoa.
To sign up for this workshop, click on the link above to make a deposit and secure a place in the workshop. To get additional information or ask to be on the waitlist, send an email to Lisa Phillips at [email protected].