$200.00 – $3,695.00
4-DAY WORKSHOP – $3695**
MEET AND GREET ON august 25, 2023
**Workshop fees Include lodging at one of the homes that we have reserved on the island.
This 4-Day Workshop is a landscape, wildlife and nature photographer’s dream! In addition to the amazing nature photography opportunities of Kodiak Island, we will also be spending an entire day in the Katmai National Park. After a one-hour float plane ride to a remote location in Alaska, accessible only by float plane we will have the opportunity to photograph 20-40 grizzly bears as they feed on salmon from one of the small rivers in this remote, pristine and undisturbed area. Of course, your safety is the number one priority and at no time will you be in any danger as our fully armed guides will be watching your back and keeping you safe.
In addition to this full day outing photographing the Kodiak bears fishing, catching and eating spawning salmon, we will also be spending time on the beaches of Kodiak Island and in Kodiak Harbor, where eagles are more plentiful than seagulls. We will shoot the amazing sunrise and sunset views from Parameter Mountain and we will have a salmon bake on the beaches in the remote area near Pasagshak. Expect no shortage of material for any nature and/or animal lover.
This 4-Day Workshop is absolutely an adventure-of-a-lifetime and will be one of the most memorable experiences that you will ever have.
- Workshop fees include lodging, all ground transportation during the workshop, as well as the fees for the float plane trip to photograph the Kodiak Bears.
- Students and instructors will be lodged together one of the homes that we have reserved on the island. Students will have access to a fully equipped home, complete with kitchen, WiFi, and lounging areas to congregate, download and share photos and prepare meals, individually or as a group. We will make time to shop for groceries and if you are not interested in cooking, you can pick up prepared foods. Past students in this workshop have really enjoyed the opportunity to have the space and the time together that the homes offer.
- Also included in your workshop fees is your float plane airfare from Kodiak Island to a remote location for an all-day trip to photograph the bears.
- Students will be responsible for arranging and paying for flights to and from the workshop. Students need to fly into and out of the Kodiak, Alaska airport. Students should arrive in Kodiak on August 30 and plan to fly back home or on to your next destination on the morning of September 4.
- If you would like to extend your stay in Kodiak either before or after the workshop, please reach out to Bryan or Lisa and we can try to arrange that for you.
We will have a Meet and Greet on August 30, 2023 at 7 PM in one of the homes that we have reserved on Kodiak Island. At the Meet and Greet, we will discuss student goals and objectives, and Bryan will provide an overview and rough agenda for the workshop.
To sign up for this workshop, click on the link above to make a deposit and secure a place in the workshop. To get additional information or ask to be on the waitlist, send an email to Lisa Phillips at [email protected].