Whether you choose to participate in a two-day, five-day or a ten-day workshop, all of my workshops place the greatest emphasis on the following: Developing a vision, learning to ‘see’, composition, lens choice, point of view, as well as a full understanding of and knowing the clear difference between a correct exposure and a creatively correct exposure and the absolute ease of knowing when and where to call upon your portable flash. In addition questions such as where do you focus, where do you take your meter reading from, should you shoot RAW or JPEG, what White Balance should you use, why is a tripod necessary, when should you use those extreme ISO’s like 3200 or 6400, is your camera safe in the rain, when should you use the 10-stop ND filter, when should you use the 3-stop graduated filter and much more! We really do cover it all and on a personal and individual need basis!
From macro to telephoto, from wide-angle and fish-eye to the use of your flash, you will go home from each and every workshop with many great images and a feeling of tremendous satisfaction and most of all with the feeling that it really was money well spent! I take your enrollment in my workshops seriously and I promise that you will have a memorable and lasting learning experience! You are not here to watch me walk away from you while I go off and shoot on my own! My job is to be there with you while you shoot, to make suggestions on your lens choice and point of view, to make suggestions on your overall composition, to make suggestions on what exposure will be best. I am here most of all to help you return home with amazing images!
This single philosophy of helping you create amazing images is perhaps why more than 65% of my students have returned to take, on average, three additional workshops, after they take their first one. They really do have the much fun and they really do learn a great deal in the process! Below you can read just a small sampling comments from the many students who have taken a Bryan F Peterson Photo Workshop.
Bryan has authored ten books on photography in nine different languages, including the worldwide best seller “Understanding Exposure”.
- Your $200 deposit will secure your place in a workshop
- You will receive an email requesting the balance of your workshop fees 90 days prior to the start date of your workshop.
- Payment methods accepted: VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS and PAYPAL.
All deposits are 100% refundable if you choose to cancel a workshop 90 days or more before the beginning of the workshop.
If you need to cancel inside the 90-day window, every effort will be made to move you into a different workshop of your choosing within that same calendar year. We will apply 100% of your deposit and any other monies paid toward the new workshop of your choice that same year OR you will be given a 75% CREDIT of your deposit and any other monies paid which can be applied to any workshop being offered in the following calendar year. If you do not use the 75% credit in the following calendar year, you will forfeit your deposit and any other monies paid.
- If you are interested, the following companies provide travel insurance. We are not endorsing any of these companies and we don’t have any affiliations or arrangements with them. The information is offered for your consideration if you are concerned about needing to cancel a workshop.
- Allianz Travel – www.allianztravelinsurance.com
- Columbus Direct – www.columbusdirect.com/partners
- Saga – www.saga.co.uk
- When a workshop is full, you can email Lisa Phillips at Phillips.Lisa@me.com and ask her to put you on the Waitlist. If a spot becomes available, Lisa will contact you as soon as possible to offer you the spot in the workshop.
Meet and Greet
- The evening before each workshop, we will meet at the designated location for approximately an hour. This time is an opportunity to meet each other, share a little bit about ourselves and get acquainted. We will discuss equipment and any concerns you might have along with your goals and expectations for the workshop. Most importantly, we will cover the proposed agenda for the workshop days based on current weather and local events.
I look forward to working with you, re-connecting with old friends and making new ones!
Bryan F. Peterson